Welcome Citizens of The Republic

Founded in 1992, The Republic of Tea sparked a Tea Revolution. We began by canvassing the most prized tea gardens of the world for their worthiest leaves. Our mission was—and is—to see these teas steaming in the cups of men, women and children everywhere, and to emphasize a Sip by Sip Rather Than Gulp by Gulp® lifestyle.


Ministers are our employees, serving our citizens and keeping The Republic running.

92% of our Ministers prefer tea over coffee. The other 8% are wrong, but we love them anyway.


Ambassadors are our Sales Representatives, tasked with ensuring our teas are available to Embassies far and wide.

100% of our Ambassadors have formed deep relationships with Embassies in their territory. Ambassadors and Embassies go together like tea and water.


Citizens are our customers who have defected to The Republic of Tea—those who eschew the status quo and pursue Tea Mind wherever they go.

62% of Citizens say they plan to try every one of the more than 350 premium teas and herbs available from The Republic of Tea.


Embassies are retail outlets to which Citizens can turn when they need to replenish themselves—either through tea or fellowship.

10,000 Embassies for The Republic of Tea, with more being added every day!

“The life of tea is the life of the moment. We have only Now, and we each sip it in our own cups.”
The Minister of Leaves

Enriching Lives Through Tea

With supreme good fortune, we have progressed—constantly enriching people's lives through the experience of great-tasting, premium teas and herbs, education and innovation.

Our Citizens are invited to discover our offerings in natural and specialty gourmet retailers, restaurants, online or by calling 1-800-298-4TEA (4832).

Over 350 Premium Teas

Our offerings include: teas, herbs, bottled iced teas and nature-inspired sipware.

Award-Winning Packaging

Specially designed air-tight, light resistant tins containing either full-leaf teas and herbs or our signature round, unbleached tea bags, free of unnecessary envelopes, strings, tags or staples.

Decaffeinated Options

Decaffeinated tea (using a natural CO2 method) varieties are also available.

All Teas Are Gluten-Free

All of our teas are Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO).


Tea and Herb Origins

Our ministers have scoured the world for the finest tea leaves and herbs in existence. These leaves and herbs are the economies upon which The Republic of Tea thrives and what it offers to its citizens across the world.

Responsibility and Ethics

A socially and environmentally responsible business, The Republic of Tea is dedicated to sharing our prosperity by developing products to support worthy organizations, including the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) and the Whole Planet Foundation. We are also a member of The Ethical Tea Partnership.


Our People

We believe that happy and healthy Ministers—also known as our employees—create a healthy business. By offering a number of unique benefits, The Republic of Tea brings harmony to the workplace.

“Who draws the water and boils it? Who spoons the leaves from the tin, and places them in the pot? Who lifts the kettle and pours? Who waits? Who fills the cup? Who drinks the tea?”
The Minister of Leaves
Your browser ({brow_name}) is out of date. Update your browser for a faster and more secure experience. Learn More Ignore